We scramble them, fry them, boil them, crack them. We love them with our bread and bacon in the mornings. Eggs not only make great breakfast food and an excellent ingredient in baked goods – they also make an excellent natural face mask!
Ok, so maybe it may seem strange to put raw eggs on your face or hair but they can do wonders for your face!
Did you know that raw eggs are an excellent in skin toning, moisturizing, smoothing and preventing the signs of aging? The natural proteins found in raw eggs (both the yolk and the white) can greatly improve the appearance of skin on the face, under the eyes and our hair! Eggs are rich in protein, vitamins and minerals to help nourish the skin.
Egg yolks contain a lot of albumin. Albumin is known to for its drying effect on skin, tightening pores and therefore firming the skin! Egg whites, on the other hand, also tighten the skin but they also narrow the pores, reducing the risk of dirt clogging that cause pimples. We especially love egg whites – they are great for cleansing and exfoliation! If you have oily skin, egg facials are best for you!
Egg white masks really work because the egg proteins constrict as they dry on your face, pulling at the dried layer of cells on top of your skin. When your rinse off the egg white from your face, the loose cells get washed off as well.
We picked 3 of our favorite egg facial recipes for you today.
Have an egg-citing facial!
For tan removal after long exposure to the sun:
Egg and Honey Facial Mask
- Egg white
- Mix together the egg white and the honey in a bowl.
- Stir until it becomes sticky and thick.
- Apply to sun-burned face for 5 minutes.
- Wash face thoroughly with a mild facial soap. If you have sensitive skin, you can also skip the soap and wash with lukewarm water.
For smoothing and moisturizing:
Smoothing Egg Mask
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbs honey
A small bowl
A toilet paper roll
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and honey, and continue beating until the mixture is thick.
- Take a toilet paper roll and spoon mixture into it and place it inside the freezer.
- Once the mixture is frozen, peel away the top of the cardboard roll and smooth the frozen stick over your face.
- Leave this on for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- You can reuse your facial stick. Keep it covered with plastic wrap and freeze tp between uses.
For removing skin blemishes and dead skin.
Milk-Lemon-Egg Facial Paste
- 1 teaspoon milk powder
- 1 teaspoon egg white
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly to make a creamy paste.
- Apply on the face and neck liberally.
- Be careful not to apply this on broken skin or damaged skin.
- Leave on for 20 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.