Some days the tedium of everyday pressures and repetitions plus the stress from balancing family and work can make you feel worn out. You may feel exhausted, and tired and want to do nothing more than crawl into bed.
Do you need a quick way to rejuvenate yourself? There are different ways that you can get a quickly refresh yourself. Remember that situations are temporary. Live only one day at a time, yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn’t here. Let past battles die and don’t try to fight future battles that don’t even exist yet.
- Use as many tips as seem adaptable to your lifestyle.
- Take a brisk walk for 10-15 minutes
- Eat a healthy snack choose fruit or nuts
- Do deep breathing for a few minutes: breathe in deeply in through your nose and out through your mouth
- Do a few slow stretches
- Give yourself the gift of a massage
- Give yourself permission to be you
- Take a break from reality, stop whatever you are doing and connect with yourself, acknowledge what you are feeling, how and why at this particular moment
- Focus on the positive and walk away from the negative
- Drive to work or any other destination following a different route
- Give yourself a day with no plans
- Disconnect yourself from all electronic devices
- Enjoy your lunch by going to a totally different atmosphere; skip the fast food for a day
- Take a break for 10 minutes-close your eyes and relax.
- Look at a photo of a beautiful place, focus on the it and imagine you there
- Write a letter to yourself or anybody else let it all out. Shred the letter
- Wash your face
- Stimulate your mind: get involved with a puzzle, read a book
- Remember that you can-and should tell people no
- Snuggle with a loved one
- Be open and honest; ask for help if you need it
- Do what you can to improve your situation
- Call a friend or relative you enjoy talking to and have a chat
- Experience the sound of silence
- Shop to a fun, bright, colorful outfit, buy it and leave the store. Wear your outfit and enjoy yourself
- Empower yourself with the knowledge that you can do whatever you need to do
It often does not take much of a change to rejuvenate. It is surprising how little things can make a huge difference in how you feel, and how you handle situations.
Patricia M. Hines