Spring pea soup is a light and refreshing dish that’s perfect for the spring season. Making it in the Instant Pot is not only quick and easy, but it also helps to lock in all the flavors and nutrients of the ingredients. Here is a complete recipe for making delicious spring pea soup in the Instant Pot.
Spring Pea Soup
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 4 cups vegetable broth
– 4 cups fresh or frozen peas
– 1 cup chopped carrots
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 cup heavy cream (optional)
1. Turn on the Instant Pot and select the ‘sauté’ function. Once it’s hot, add the olive oil and onion, stirring until the onion becomes translucent.
2. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another minute.
3. Pour in the vegetable broth, peas, chopped carrots, and dried thyme, and stir everything together.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve. Select ‘manual’ mode and set the timer for five minutes.
6. Once the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally for about 10 minutes before opening the valve to release any remaining pressure.
7. Carefully remove the lid and use an immersion blender to purée the soup until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
8. Stir in the heavy cream, if using.
9. Serve hot and garnish with fresh herbs or croutons, if desired.
This spring pea soup can be stored in the fridge for up to four days or frozen for up to three months. The soup is not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients and antioxidants. Enjoy!
Pioneerthinking.com – Ingredients for a Simple Life.