My favorite family recipe is our summer potpourri that fills the air with its unique aroma. I like to use pink rose petals in my own mix, but any color will do. Mix and match flowers and spices to make it your own.
Lavender Summer Rose Potpourri
- 2 cups dried pink rose petals and leaves
- 1 cup dried lavender flowers
- 8 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 3 dried whole bay leaves
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orris root powder (acts as a fixative)
Mix the dried flowers, bay leaves, cloves and cinnamon in a bowl then place mix in an airtight container for 5 days. Stir once a day. On the fifth day, add the sandalwood essential oil and the orris root. Cover for another 4 weeks. Stir once daily.