The cellulite massage is performed that helps reduce the overall cellulite features from the body. If the massage is done properly, it helps dissolve the fatty layers underneath the skin that give raise to cellulite condition. However, cellulite massage can do cellulite reduction but it cannot be considered as the cure for any skin condition. To make treatment more effective, cellulite massage is often combined with certain diet plan along with regular physical workout such as physical exercises.
The massage for cellulite reduces and removes cellulite tissues. The technique involves the combination of rubbing, kneading and twisting the cellulite affected areas over the body. Once these areas are stimulated and warm enough, the fatty and unwanted toxic substances get dissolved and then they get into the lymphatic system. Performing cellulite massage perfectly can increase the blood circulation locally (within the area where cellulite producing cells are located). Profound massaging will improve blood circulation and will also generate the heat locally. This entire procedure will make cellulite cells to get loosen and then molten cells are carried away from the localized area.
Cellulite massage makes cellulite cells softer and fades over a period of time. It can also result in the innumerable soft tissues, which are in the body, being smoothed. Massage with certain strokes helps reducing or even eliminating the excess fluid that causes cellulite. Extra fluid retention is often the result of poor lymphatic and/or blood circulation. This will again allow fibers to thicken and then they finally bind with the multitude of collagen fibers. These fibers run across the cells in the body just underneath the skin resulting in a huge amount of thick strands that will push on the fat. Pushing fats upwards will bulge the skin and simultaneously orange peel appearance is what we see as cellulite.
Today, most of the health spas across the world include the cellulite massage in their list of services. Apart from manual massaging the affected area, cellulite massage may also combine the usage of specific rollers that are the parts of specific anti-cellulite equipment that can be rolled over the skin of those larger areas on the body. For many cellulite equipments the massage is often augmented with some vibrations so that ‘shaking the skin’ can result into cellulite reduction.
Cellulite massage includes medicated essential oils and other ingredients. They are specially chosen for the treatment and contain properties that stimulate the skin, skin cells and the fatty tissues underneath the skin. Many times oils that contain potent herbs that have natural anti-obesity properties such as peppermint and lavender are used. Such herbs stimulate the fatty tissues and hence help to break-down the entire cellulite chain that involves connective tissues and adipose tissues.
Other ingredients that are widely used for cellulite massage are the herbs and other natural products like seaweed, Terminalia, Holy basil, hoodia, Indian gooseberry, Garcinia etc. since they all are proven to be very effective fighting cellulite.
Here is a simple massage technique that one can adopt reducing cellulite from any area of the body –
• Step 1: Apply cellulite reducing gel or cream onto affected areas so that the hands glide on with ease.
• Step 2: Start the massage at the lowest point going upwards towards the heart.
• Step 3: One should apply gentle pressure to the skin and alternate those moves.
• Step 4: You can go for long sweeping strokes by using the knuckles, fingers or palm of the hand. Circular the motion again by using palm as said above.
• Step 5: Then the motion is changed to the kneading. This is performed grasping affected skin with a thumb and fingers. Massage it in circular motion.
• Step 6: You should then pinch the skin gently between a thumb and fingers. Pull the skin little bit away from the body.
• Step 7: Before finishing, pinch the skin gently between thumb and fingers and then lightly pull it in all the directions.