Whoever said you can have too many good ingredients in one dish? By combining sweet treats and fresh fruit, you get the best of both worlds: a savoury and yummy dessert. With a cookie-crumb crust and a butterscotch-caramel topping, this banana cream pie offers a twist on a childhood favourite.
Mini Banana-Caramel Pie
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 package Great Value instant vanilla pudding (102 g)
- 2 ripe medium bananas (sliced)
- butterscotch-caramel topping
- Combine cookie crumbs with butter in a bowl until crumbs are moist. Press 1/4 cup crumbs into the bottom of eight 1/2-cup dessert dishes.
- Prepare pudding according to package. Let stand 5 min.
- Arrange half of banana slices on cookie crust. Top with pudding, then remaining banana.
- Drizzle caramel over pudding before serving.
For a twist on traditional dessert dishes, try using mason jars instead.
Additional recipes and barbecue ideas can be found at walmart.ca/discoverfresh.
Source: (NC) www.newscanada.com