Make a Mini Version of Your Favorite Comfort Foods
A serving of vegetables has made its way into these mini chicken meat loaves, but you wouldn’t know it. The mushrooms and carrot help keep the meatloaf moist while adding flavour and nutrients. Make a big batch in advance and freeze for up to one month.
Muffin Tin Meat Loaf
- 8 oz 227 g fresh cremini mushrooms
- 1 lb 500 g ground chicken
- 1/4 small onion (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup 60 mL grated carrot
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp 2 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup 175 mL breadcrumbs
- 1 egg• 1/2 tsp (2 mL Italian herbs)
- 3 tbsp 45 mL mustard
- 3 tbsp 45 mL brown sugar
- 1/3 cup 75 mL ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Place mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mushrooms, chicken, onion, carrot, garlic, Worcestershire, breadcrumbs, egg and Italian herbs; mix until evenly combined.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray. Fill each tin cup to the top with meat mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, sugar and ketchup. Spread sauce evenly over top of each meatloaf. Tent tray lightly with foil. Bake for 20 minutes and then remove foil cover. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165°F/74°C. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and steamed green beans.
Find more nutritious recipes online at mushrooms.ca.