If you enjoy the taste of raw vegetables, then you’ll love this Raw Vegetable Smoothie. The health benefits of raw vegetables are well known and many people enjoy drinking their raw vegetables just as much as eating them.
This Raw Vegetable Smoothie has a wonderful twang to it because of the picante salsa. It’s very flavorful and you will want to make this a regular staple of your raw foods diet.
Raw Vegetable Smoothie
- 1 – 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice OR balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons picante salsa
- 1 cup raw broccoli
- 1 raw tomato, quartered
- 1/2 raw carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup raw kale, or any leafy green
- 1 – 2 cloves raw garlic
- 1/2 cup raw hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw un-hulled sesame seeds
- 1 – 2 slices onion
Start by pouring liquid ingredients (lemon juice, salsa) into blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend until texture is that of a creamy milkshake.
Copyright 2004 Donna Monday. All Rights Reserved.