Watermelon contains two compounds, arginine and citrulline, that improve blood flow, while beets boost nitric oxide in the blood, a compound that helps relax blood vessels so that blood flows more freely. Combined with the soluble fiber from the apples, the metabolism-boosting effect of cayenne, and the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric that help reduce damage to blood vessel walls, this drink has it all, and your circulation and heart with thank you for it!
Red Hot Blood Cleanser
Servings: Makes 2 servings, approximately 1 cup each.
- 2 cups watermelon chunks
- 1 small to medium beet (washed)
- 1 apple (seeded and cut into cubes)
- 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender with watermelon on the bottom. Turn blender on slow speed until watermelon has liquefied, then increase speed and blend for 1 minute or until liquefied.
Nutrition Serving size: 1 cup Calories per serving: 117 Fat per serving: 1g Saturated fat per serving: 0g Fiber per serving: 2.7g Protein per serving: 5% Carbs per serving: 88%
Recipe and photo courtesy of Watermelon.org.