It is not the least bit surprising that tea has become one of the most popularly consumed beverages in the world. In whichever form of tea—may it be loose, in teabags or extracted from fruits and other herbal products—tea is gaining popularity in all corners of the world.
There are many variety of fruits that are turned into tea products and one of the most popular versions that makes a delicious cup of rejuvenating tea is the blueberry fruit. When we think of blueberry tea, we always think of an infused tea that contains pieces of blueberry fruit. That, plus more!
Blueberry or Vaccinium Myrtillus is a native of North America. It is a firm shrub with small pink or white flowers and was a useful crop to the early pilgrims. When a blueberry shrub matures, it bears large, smooth-skinned berries that turn to a deep purple color and it is characterized by its colorless juice.
The leaves of the blueberry is known to have amazing health benefits that is why people got the idea of turning it into a refreshing tea, hence the term ‘blueberry tea’.
Benefits of Blueberry Tea
1. Studies show that blueberry tea is used as a diuretic to aid in cleansing toxins out from the body. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, thus reducing inflammations in the kidneys.
2. Blueberry tea is helpful in improving your vision through the antioxidant properties contained in the fruit.
3. Antioxidants present in blueberry tea work to prevent certain cancers and other diseases. According to the Journal of Medicinal Foods, it is useful in repairing any damage that has already been in the body by harmful toxins.
4. Blueberry tea helps to improve liver function and is useful in the treatment of Hepatitis C and other diseases in the liver.
5. Brain function is also enhanced when your drink blueberry tea and is helpful in slowing down the process of aging and repairing damages in the brain.
If you are extra cautious about your health, there is no doubt that drinking blueberry tea on a regular basis is the best idea. Be creative with it and make your own blueberry tea mixture recipes to delight your senses. There are plenty of ways to spice up an ordinary blueberry tea such as adding milk, some flavored syrups or honey.
There are a lot of startling recipes that you can find to enhance the taste of blueberry tea—but what’s even more startling is the amount of health benefits that you can get when you drink it. Go pour yourself a cup!
Ann Trenton has been writing Internet articles on different health subjects for the past several years. She is a registered nurse who began writing stories as a little girl. She enjoys writing articles and blog posts about tea and tea time.