Nausea is a symptom of a health condition so to treat nausea you have to discover the real cause. Nausea is generally accompanied by vomiting but there can be exceptions, too. The problem that appears when nausea is combined with vomiting is the risk of the dehydration.
Nausea can be cause by many factors as digestion problems, food poisoning, over eating, excessive alcohol consumption, stress, traveling in crowded buses or trains, food intolerance, and not only. Nausea often occurs during pregnancy.
Nausea is also a sign of different illnesses like weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, gallstones, pancreatitis, cancer, headache, fever, diabetes gastroenteritis or depression.
Fortunately this symptom can be treated through natural treatments too. For example –
1. You can consume non-carbonated syrup. Take 1-2 tablespoons of non-carbonated syrup and your stomach will be cooled down immediately.
2. Ginger-root is another remedy. Take 2 capsules and you will get an immediate relief. Ginger is recommended, too. Put a little fresh ginger root in a cup of tea.
3. Slippery elm, herbal candies and red raspberry are known as very beneficial treatments for nausea.
4. Teas prepared from licorice, chamomile or peppermint offers a great relief. It is recommended to drink 3-4 cups of tea prepared from these herbs daily. You can also chew some peppermint. For the pregnant women it is recommended the apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of honey. They can also have some glucose biscuits or some crackers in the morning. A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and one of honey are mixed in a glass of cold water. Take this mixture every night before you go to bed.
5. Mix about 30 gm of wheat germ with some milk and take it every hour and you will get rid by morning nausea.
6. Rice water is another natural remedy. 25 grams of rice are boiled in 50 grams of water. Drain the rice and drink the water.
7. A half teaspoon of ground cumin seeds is very beneficial, too. It helps you to get rid of vomiting and nausea.
8. Ginger ale, green tea, fennel seeds are well known for their beneficial effects in this case.
9. Drink lemon juice. You can add a teaspoon of honey to sweeten it. It helps you to get rid of the vomiting feeling. You can also eat lemon with a little salt or you can smell a lemon (cut the lemon to get a greater effect).
10. A banana eaten before meals is very helpful for pregnant women who suffer from nausea.
11. Natural juices made from different fruits as grapes, oranges, apples have proved to be very helpful in treating this unpleasant condition.
12. Boil some rosemary leaves in 100 ml water and add a teaspoon of honey. Let it for three minutes and then drink the mixture. Do this daily and you will avoid this unpleasant symptom.
13. Another natural treatment consists in mixing ground cucumbers, little sugar and water to obtain a concoction. You can also try to have some miso soup. The effect will be more beneficial if you put some ginger in this soup.
14. Eating raspberries at the first hour in the morning can be of a great help, too.
Read more Home Remedies for Nausea. Also know effective Herbal Remedies for Scurvy. Read useful Home Remedies for Sciatica.
Photo Credit: Michelle Meiklejohn | FreeDigitalPhotos.net