Welcome to Pioneer Thinking
For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, For love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends. – Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
What's New Today...
- Direct Answers from Wayne and Tamara – Column for the week of March 23, 2015
Lost And Found
We've been married nine years. For the most part it's a good marriage. Although ...more
- After the Easter celebration has passed, but before the Easter lily fades, use this holy flower for many medicinal purposes. Once called the "white robed apostle of hope" lilies were ...more
- Lean pork tenderloin marinated with lime juice is a lighter way to enjoy pork as spring arrives. Steam some fresh veggies and cook up some quinoa or brown rice, and ...more
- Looking for an inexpensive Easter Craft idea for your next project? This craft project costs less than .75 cents per refrigerator magnet and takes less than 20 minutes to make.
- Life on the prairie for early Nebraska settlers often included living in a sod house, commonly called a "soddie."
Sod houses were used throughout the prairie states because trees were scarce ...more
- Lavender is not only a beautiful color and flower, but a healing herb. In fact, the lavender plant is one of the most useful and healing herbs. This plant is ...more
- Nothing beats the fresh wholesome taste of vegetables freshly picked from your own garden. Planting vegetable gardens can be a challenge if you don't have a backyard, but you can ...more