Welcome to Pioneer Thinking
For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, For love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends. – Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
What's New Today...
- Years ago in Sacramento, California, I ran across an old man selling pickles at a swap meet. He made the pickles in his own kitchen in large plastic barrels and ...more
- Direct Answers from Wayne and Tamara – Column for the week of August 3, 2015
No Good Deed…
After my wife of 20 years committed suicide I took counseling for a year ...more
- Q: Is lemonade a healthy fruit juice?
A: Consider lemonade more like a sugar-sweetened drink. Commercial “real old-fashioned” lemonade is typically only about 15 percent lemon juice, similar to fruit drinks ...more
- If you had room to plant only three vegetables, what would they be and why? I was recently asked this question by a friend. Before I get into what I ...more
- Get back to the basics by making your own sachets with these 4 easy Pioneer Thinking recipes for you to make and enjoy.
Combine 2 cups of rose leaves with ...more
- Eggs have always been a popular delicious and nutritious food. When most people think of eggs, they think of eggs that come from a chicken. Commercially produced chicken eggs are ...more
- You drink it and eat it, but did you know that California-grown citrus is an effective and popular ingredient for re-energizing the spirit?
It's true, so with the arrival spring be ...more