Welcome to Pioneer Thinking
For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, For love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends. – Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
What's New Today...
- Q: How fast do I need to walk for it to count toward the recommended 30 minutes of moderate activity daily?
A: You can find reputable sources with lists of activities ...more
- Direct Answers from Wayne and Tamara – Column for the week of May 25, 2015
Doing The Math
I am a foreign student. Days after I came to this country, I met ...more
- Discover Farro, a Tender, Ancient and Versatile Grain
Heirloom vegetables and fruits date from the 1930s or earlier. Examples you may have tasted include Brandywine tomatoes or Country Gentleman corn. Heirloom ...more
- You drink it and eat it, but did you know that California-grown citrus is an effective and popular ingredient for re-energizing the spirit?
It's true, so with the arrival spring be ...more
- Gardening is one of America’s favorite pastimes – an impressive 35 percent of U.S. households are growing food at home or in a community garden, according to the National Gardening ...more
- Eggs have always been a popular delicious and nutritious food. When most people think of eggs, they think of eggs that come from a chicken. Commercially produced chicken eggs are ...more
- For many people, family quilting traditions have been passed down from generation to generation. Creating a quilt for a to-be married couple or an expectant mother has been in practice ...more