Welcome to Pioneer Thinking
For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, For love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends. – Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
What's New Today...
- I was introduced to fennel in the best way possible. I had, of course, seen this creamy white bulb lined with celery-like ridges and topped with long, feathered stalks at ...more
- Q: So many people seem to be taking up yoga. What is really known about its health benefits?
A: There are many forms of yoga, and any effects on health likely ...more
- Direct Answers from Wayne and Tamara – Column for the week of April 20, 2015
I’m a girl, 17, and I have known this guy my whole life. The boy ...more
- For many people, family quilting traditions have been passed down from generation to generation. Creating a quilt for a to-be married couple or an expectant mother has been in practice ...more
- Growing Kitchen Herbs? Here are Your Top 10 Herb Garden Plants.
Introducing fresh herb garden plants to your meal choices, creates a powerful chain reaction that spreads through all your efforts ...more
- You drink it and eat it, but did you know that California-grown citrus is an effective and popular ingredient for re-energizing the spirit?
It's true, so with the arrival spring be ...more
- Life on the prairie for early Nebraska settlers often included living in a sod house, commonly called a "soddie."
Sod houses were used throughout the prairie states because trees were scarce ...more