Welcome to Pioneer Thinking
For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, For love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends. – Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
What's New Today...
- Direct Answers from Wayne and Tamara – Column for the week of February 2, 2015
All In Good Time
I'm having a terrible time with stress. I work full-time, take graduate classes ...more
- The great thing about candle making containers is that you can get really creative with them! You could buy them or you can use materials found at your home. Whatever ...more
- Q: Does soup really help you lose weight?
A: Some research suggests that starting a meal with soup may help fill you up enough to reduce the calories you consume at ...more
- I recently finished writing a new cookbook. You will have to wait a bit to see what it’s about, but one of the recipes in it will be the best ...more
- Winter is a wonderful time of the year - holidays, warm fires, crisp air, and for many, fresh fallen snow. But the colder temperature and lower humidity affect the condition ...more
- Lake fishing in winter can be great fun and you can catch a surprising number of fish if you use the right techniques.
In the Summer months it is usually quite ...more
- The Pros and Cons of Growing Mint Indoors
Herbs really grow best in the full sun, but some herbs such as mint, will tolerate some shade and therefore can be grown ...more