Making body lotion at home is easy. Better yet, you don't need a degree in chemistry. What you do need are a few natural ingredients, and you're ready to create a basic recipe without the department store price tag. In less than ten minutes, you'll have a customized lotion that you can use immediately and share extras with friends.
When it comes to scents, almond scented products are a favorite among women. Almond essence has a deliciously sweet scent that exudes feelings of warmth and comfort. Sweet almond oil has no particular smell, but is a popular ingredient in skin care products. Among many things, almond oil hydrates the skin and leaves it feeling silky soft.
Choosing the correct hydrating oils is essential in creating the Almond Butter Body Cream. Vegetable oils (olive oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter) are suitable for all skin types. Grapeseed oil is good for sensitive skin while almond oil effectively moisturizes dry skin.
Coconut oil and cocoa butter are great moisturizing oils that are most effective when combined with almond oil.
Try this recipe for Almond Butter Body Cream using ingredients commonly found in health food stores. It smells yummy!
Almond Butter Body Cream
3 Tbsp. Sweet Almond Oil
1 Tbsp cocoa butter, or shea butter
1 Tbsp glycerin
3 Tbsp. Emulsifying wax
1 Cup distilled water
20 drops almond (or vanilla) essence
1. Combine the sweet almond oil, cocoa butter, glycerin, and emulsifying wax in glass measuring cup. Place the uncovered container in the microwave and heat at medium temperature for one minute, or until the mixture dissolves completely. You can also heat the measuring cup and mixture in a double boiler on the stove; stir constantly
2. Remove dissolved mixture from the heat. Scrape mixture in large glass bowl. Add distilled water, pouring it very slowly while stirring the mixture quickly with a fork or whisk. Whip until well combined.
3. Pour the warm cream into sterilized jars. Allow cream to cool completely in uncovered jars. The cream will thicken as it cools. Add your favorite essential oils.
* Add punch to your jars by writing the name of the lotion and the ingredients on custom labels.
* Experiment with popular essential oils like rose, vetiver, geranium, orange, juniper, sandalwood, and neroli, to enhance the fragrance of the almond butter lotion.
* Adding Vitamin E makes the lotion more moisturizing; it also lengthens the lotion's shelf life.
* Extra batches can be stored in the refrigerator.
Visit www.organicbodybutter.info for more information about bliss body butter
Photo Credit: Marin
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com