Pound cake, in fact a simple butter cake, has undergone a number of differences since the time it has been presented. To the primary ingredients necessary to make a single lb cake, people have added other sorts of ingredients to get various kinds of the cake. One such alternative is the lemon lb cake that's mouth watering to consume and simple to cook. Let's take a look at some of the lemon lb . cake recipes...
Pound desserts, as the name suggests, are those desserts that are made with a pound of flour, eggs, butter and sugar. These kinds of thick and weighty desserts are usually considered to have been invented within England, many years ago. Though the basic ingredients of the pound cake are generally still similar, particular modifications have been made (like adding baking powder or soda) over the years to make the pound cake lighter. One can also find cakes in most flavours and textures, one of them being the lemon pound cake. Listed below are some lemon pound cake recipes that would help in making mouth-watering pound cakes.
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 6 ounces milk
* Seven ounces softened butter
* 2 cups of sugar
* Five eggs
* One teaspoon lemon extract
* Quarter cup of vegetable oil
* ¼ cup lemon juice * 8-10 oz. water
* A single teaspoon lemon rind, grated
* 8 oz . of sugar
1. Within a large mixing bowl, get butter, and with your electric hand mixer, start beating it at a moderate rate. Add oil into the butter and mix all of them well together.
2. As soon as the butter and oil are mixed nicely, add sugar and go on with the process. After sugar, comes the eggs which ought to be put in one at a time. Blend the mixture each and every time you add an egg.
3. Put in flour and milk, though they should be put in alternately. Initially add some flour, then some milk and stir well. Continue this until eventually all of the milk and flour has been included in the mixing bowl.
4. Be sure all of the ingredients have mixed well after which you can pour in the lemon extract and stir once again.
5. Grease a microwave pan and transfer the whole mixture into it. Place it within the oven and let it bake for one-and a 1 / 2 hrs at 300° F.
6. Whilst the cake is being baked, begin preparing the glazing. In a small bowl, mix each of the ingredients and stir until eventually the sugar melts entirely.
7. When the cake is fully formed, take it from the oven and let it cool for about 10-15 minutes. Just after it is totally cooled, pour in the glazing with a spoon over the cake and enjoy the delightful pound cake.
Claire Cooper is an aspiring chef who loves to be in the kitchen and runs a popular blog on lemon pound cakes recipes, that gives away free recipes and has informative articles, and how-to videos on how to bake the perfect cake! http://www.poundcakez.com
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com