Do you want to prepare delicious cranberry meals? Cranberry preserves, cranberry orange jam and cranberry raspberry preserves are 3 easy, quick and delicious cranberry recipes to get your productive juices flowing.
Below are the recipes so you can try them out at home:
1. Cranberry Preserves
- 2 medium apples
- 3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup creme de cassis
- Peel, core and coarsely dice apples.
- Heat sugar and water in heavy large saucepan over low heat, swirling pan occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
- Add cranberries, apples and lemon peel. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until consistency of thick jam, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in cassis to taste.
- Cool completely before serving (Can be stored in refrigerator for 1 month.)
2. Cranberry-Orange Jam
- 4 cup (1 lb) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 cup water
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cup sugar
- 2 pouches certo liquid pectin
- Place cranberries and water in a heavy-bottomed 8-10 qt pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until berries begin to pop (about 10 minutes).
- Drain well, reserving liquid.
- Place cranberries in a blender or food processor and whirl until smooth; add enough of the reserved liquid to berries to make 4 cups.
- Return berry puree to pan.
- Stir in orange juice, lemon juice, and sugar until well blended.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly; then boil, stirring for one minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in pectin all at once.
- Skim off any foam.
- Ladle hot jam into hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4" head space.
- Wipe rims and threads clean, seal, blah, blah, blah.
- Process for 5 minutes in boiling water bath.
Makes about 6 half pints.
3. Cranberry-Raspberry Preserves
- 6 cup raspberries (3 pints)
- 2 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cup cranberries (12 oz. bag)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 grated zest of 1 orange
- Stir together the raspberries and 1 cup of the sugar in a medium bowl and let stand for 1 hour.
- Stir the cranberries and the remaining sugar together in a non reactive shallow preserving pan and place over high heat.
- Stir constantly so the sugar does not burn until the cranberries begin to release juice, about 5 minutes.
- Continue cooking until all the cranberries have popped and the mixture is syrupy and comes to a boil.
- Skim off any foam that forms on top and continue to cook and stir until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes more. - Add the raspberries and all their juice and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Stir in the orange juice and zest.
- Remove a small amount of the jam to a saucer and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- If the mixture wrinkles when pushed to one side, it is ready. If not, continue cooking for 5 minutes and retest. - When the preserves are the right consistency, turn down the heat to a simmer and ladle into hot sterilized jars.
- Wipe the rims clean with a damp towel and seal with new lids and metal rings.
- Process in a hot-water bath for 5 minutes.
- Remove, cook, check seals, label, and store.
Makes 4 one pint jars.
Next, if you want more delicious recipes, feel free to visit our website: The Delicious Recipes Package and Affordable Pasta Salad Recipes for over 10000 recipes.
Article Posted: Ezinearticles.com