For a unique dessert that will satisfy sweet cravings while keeping calories at bay, serve this delicious, fruit-filled dish.
A flavourful medley of chopped mangoes and fresh lime is covered with a crunchy oatmeal topping for a non-traditional treat that looks and tastes heavenly. Lightly sweetened with naturally-sourced stevia, each serving contains only 157 calories and is sure to delight the senses.
Mango Lime Crumble
Makes 6 servings
Vegetable cooking spray
3/4 cup (175 ml) old-fashioned oats
9 packets Pure Via Turbinado and Stevia Blend sweetener*
3 tbsp (45 ml) butter, melted
2 tbsp (30 ml) all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
3 cups (750 ml) peeled, seeded, chopped mango
1 tbsp (15 ml) grated lime peel
2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lime juice
1/4 cup (50 ml) Pure Via Granulated sweetener**
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
2. For topping, combine all ingredients. Place on prepared baking sheet in a thin layer.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet on wire rack.
5. Meanwhile, for the mango mixture, combine all ingredients, stirring well.
6. To serve, divide mango mixture evenly between 6 dessert dishes and top each with oat topping.
*Or substitute 3 tbsp (45 ml) Pure Via Granulated or 4 1/2 packets Pure Via sweetener
**Or substitute 6 packets Pure Via sweetener
Nutritional information per serving
Total fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 52 mg
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Protein 2 g
Additional calorie-reduced recipe ideas are available at www.purevia.ca. Note that stevia, the sweetener in Pure Via, is also known as steviol glycosides.
Article Source: (NC) www.newscanada.com