For a hassle-free meal, this is the simplest and tastiest recipe.
Sausage & Peppers Over Dijon Potatoes
Preparation Time: 7 Minutes
Cooking Time: 7 Minutes
- Dehydrated potato flakes or buds
- 1 tablespoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 pound fully-cooked , reduced-fat smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (optional)
1. Prepare instant mashed potatoes following package directions for 4 servings, stirring in mustard when adding water.
2. Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook and stir sausage, bell pepper, tomatoes and soy sauce (if desired), 3-4 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
3. Served over mashed potatoes.
nutritional information per serving:
Fat: 19 g
Cholesterol: 56 mg
Sodium: 1,016 mg
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 17 g
“Find more great potato recipes at
potatohelp.com!” © Copyright 2000, Potato Board. All Rights Reserved.