Bad breath, morning breath, breath odor or halitosis are all terms used to describe a noticeably unpleasant odor exhaled on the breath. Bad breath is a more severe and persistent condition that can have long reaching affects such as social isolation, relationship and work problems. Mostly caused by bacteria, bad breath is a problem suffered by many people, but you can fix it, or at least alleviate, if you take some concrete measures. Here are some remedies for bad breath.
1. If you are going to an important meeting or on a big date, avoid foods that can cause bad breath, such as onions and garlic.
2. Eat yogurt: The yogurt replaces good bacteria in the intestine and promotes a healthier mouth. Celery is also good and you can try eating parsley between meals to freshen breath. Parsley has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
3. A diet for a healthy body is also a good diet for bad breath cure. It’s not hard to get dietary advice these days – we hear about what makes up a healthy diet almost daily. You may want to take a vitamin supplement – vitamins B and C, and the mineral zinc are all important for good oral health.
4. Parsley leaves contain good amount of chlorophyll; this is a natural breath freshener. If you want to get fresh breath, you may chew some leaves of parsley in the morning. This is one of the best home remedies for bad breath. Another thing you can do is that you can chop some parsley springs. Now, take 2 cups of water and add springs in it. Add 2-3 cloves. Leave it to cool. If you gargle several times a day with this water, it may helpful in removing bad breath.
5. Quit smoking. Tar and nicotine can build up on the surface of the teeth, tongue and cheeks. It can also dry the mouth and inhibit saliva flow.
6. The seeds normally used as condiments like fennel and anise seeds are good breath sweeteners. Anise, in particular, has curative properties and kills odor-causing bacteria. Since these seeds are dry and can keep for quite some time, they are convenient to carry around with you. Simply chew on them after a meal. This is one of the best bad breath cure.
7. Drink plenty of water to prevent bad breath: The lack of fluid can cause dry mouth (xerostomia) and bad breath.
8. People who are suffering from the problem of bad breath can gargle with baking soda dissolve in warm water. This is also a useful method for cleaning tongue. This is an easy cure for bad breath.
9. A few drops of peppermint or tea tree oil can be applied to the tongue or toothbrush to help freshen the breath. In addition to its refreshing nature, their antibacterial properties will kill the bacteria found in the mouth.
10. Floss at least once a day: Flossing helps remove food particles and removes hidden plaque, a layer of bacteria that forms around the tooth. It also helps prevent periodontal disease, another common cause of bad breath.