Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Everyone has heard that saying, but unfortunately, breakfast is also often the most forgotten meal of the day. Instead of enjoying a hearty, nutritious breakfast, many people opt for simple alternatives on the go because they believe creating a well-rounded breakfast will take too long. That couldn’t be farther from the truth.
To show you just how easy it can be to create a wonderful breakfast, here are a few recipes that will have you re-envisioning the bagel and hitting your busy morning with a little extra spring in your step.
Eggs Florentine Bagels
- 2 Thomas’ Plain Bagels (split and toasted)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk (heated)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over moderate heat and whisk in flour. Cook, whisking constantly, for two minutes. Whisk in milk in a stream, until smooth. Simmer, whisking, until thickened, about three minutes and reduced to 1-1/4 cups. Keep warm, covered, off heat. Fill a medium skillet halfway with water and bring to a boil. Break eggs into separate teacups and pour into water. Cover skillet and remove from heat. Let eggs sit for about 4 minutes until whites are set. Place bagels on serving plates and top each with 1/4 of spinach, using a slotted spoon top with a poached egg and 1/4 of sauce. Serve immediately.
Smoked Tomato, Basil and Brie Bagel
- 2 Thomas' bagels (split and toasted)
- 4 oz. warm Brie
- 1 large tomato (quartered and smoked)
- 2 leaves fresh basil
- Toast a Thomas’ Plain Bagel and set aside. Quarter and smoke one large tomato and set aside. Top Bagel halves with warm Brie and tomato quarters. Add basil.
Santa Fe Bagel Thins Bagel
- 1 Thomas’ 100% Whole Wheat Bagel Thins bagel
- 3 egg whites
- 4 tbsp. black bean hummus (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tbsp. low-fat sour cream
- 4 tbsp. tomato salsa
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
Homemade black bean hummus:
- 1 can (15 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 garlic clove (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Separate and toast Bagel Thins bagel. Place open-faced and top each half with two tablespoons of hummus and 1 tablespoon of low-fat sour cream. Spray nonstick frying pan with cooking oil and put on stovetop under medium heat. Beat three egg whites together in mixing bowl and then pour into heated frying pan. Once eggs are cooked through, place on open-faced English muffin and top with salsa.
Homemade black bean hummus:
- Mince all ingredients together in food processor until smooth; refrigerate.
These recipes are quick, easy and can give you just the lift you need to start your day. So give them a try, and to find more great recipe ideas, visit Thomasbreads.com/recipes.
Source: (BPT) -brandpointcontent.com