There are thousands of slow cooker dishes out there, but if you’re looking for recipes that have been tried and tested, go for the ones that are popular around the world. You can adjust a few ingredients according to your preference or add your own touch to these crock pot delights but here are 3 of the most popular slow cooker recipes you have to try!
Quick Crock Pot Cassoulet
- 1 kilogram boneless and skinless chicken breast halves (sliced into chunks)
- 1/2 kilogram turkey kielbasa (sliced into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cans cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (quartered then thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place chicken in a crock pot. In a large bowl, mix together kielbasa, cannellini beans, garlic, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken in the pot. Pour chicken broth over ingredients and stir. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low until chicken is cooked through and cassoulet is thickened.
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
- 3/4 kilogram beef flank steak
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- In a large shallow bowl, spread the cornstarch then dredge beef in it. Place the steak in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Combine onion, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, water, carrots and ginger root in a bowl then pour mixture into the bag with the steak. Seal and refrigerate overnight. When ready, allow to thaw before emptying the bag into a slow cooker. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on low.
Crock Pot Rosemary Pork
- 2 1/2 kilograms pork shoulder roast
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups peeled and chopped potatoes
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups pearl onions
- 1 cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Place the pork roast in a slow cooker and pour vegetable broth and sherry over it. Stir in potatoes, mushroom, onion, rosemary and pepper. Cover and cook for at least 8 hours on low. Season with salt and stir before serving.
You can never go wrong with any of these popular slow cooker recipes!
Donna H. is a nutrition expert. Although not professionally, she has dedicated over a decade of her life researching and interviewing licensed nutritionists to gain the knowledge she has today – all for the love of healthy eating and dieting. She is an avid slow cooker and has contributed countless of recipes to countless popular websites.
Check out helpful tips and tricks as well as easy and delicious slow cooker recipes when using a crock pot. http://lazyoven.com/browse-recipe