Razor bumps are also known as pseudofolliculitis barbae technically which are actually ingrown hair that is the growth of the hair back into the skin. This condition of the growth of hair may be the result of number of things but one main and common reason for this condition may be the shaving. Due to blade-shaving hair is cut at such an angel that it becomes sharp and sometimes grow back into the skin leading to bumps. There may be other reasons also like stretching skin during shaving, usage of a dull blade, improper use of razor etc. due to razor bumps, not only skin gets irritated but sometimes it is very painful also.
It can be safely and effectively cured by some natural remedy. In this condition the skin gets irritated and develops cysts, pustules, papules and pimples. Some natural remedies are very helpful in the treatment of razor bumps.
1. Add 3 drops of glycerin, one-fourth cup warm water and also two crushed tablets of aspirin. Stir all the ingredients properly until the aspirin tablet is dissolved completely. With the help of cotton balls apply the prepared mixture on the affected area. It will give soothing effect to your irritated skin.
2. Dissolve two uncoated crushed aspirins tablets in the warm water. Make a runny paste and rub it on the affected area or newly shaved areas. Leave it for five minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
3. Mix the following essential oil to prepare the mixture to reduce the affect of razor bumps. Take lavender oil which has the property of healing, chamomile which restricts the problem of inflammation, and also the tea tree which is an effective antiseptic. When all the three oils are mixed together and applied on the irritated skin then it will give soothing effect on your skin. If the condition deteriorates then you may consult to a dermatologist.
4. You can cut a leaf of aloe vera plant and open it wide. Squeeze out the gel from the leaf and then apply this gel on your razor bumps. Allow this gel to dry on your skin. It will treat the problem effectively.
5. You can also use iodine, tea tree oil or any alcohol based aftershave on the affected area. It will prevent the razor bumps from getting infected.
6. If any person is prone to razor bumps then don’t shave regularly. Make a habit to shave after the gap of 2-3 days.
Find more useful Home Remedies for Skin Damage- http://www.naturalhealth-supplements.com/homeremedy/skin-damage.htm
Article Source: Articlesbase.com