Asparagus is a culinary superstar of spring. Here’s an easy and delicious way to enjoy it — as a breakfast, lunch or light supper — from the staff at Harrowsmith magazine.
Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata
Prep time: 15-20 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Serves: 6
- 7 stalks asparagus
- 1 tsp 5 mL grapeseed, olive or avocado oil
- ¼ cup 60 mL chopped onion
- ¼ cup 60 mL unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 8 eggs
- 1 tbsp 15 mL chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp 2 mL salt
- 6 tbsp 40 grams goat cheese
- Remove woody ends of asparagus stalks by bending each stalk until it snaps. Discard ends and chop remaining stalks into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium. Lightly sauté onion and asparagus for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. In medium bowl, beat milk, eggs, parsley, salt and cheese until cheese has broken up into small bits. Add asparagus and onions, mix everything together and pour into lightly oiled tart pan.
- Bake in 350°F (190°C) oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Slice into wedges.
Find more easy and delicious recipes at harrowsmithmag.com.