“The greatest mistake in the treatment of diseases is that there are physicians for the body and physicians for the soul, although the two cannot be separated.” ~ Plato
Autoimmune Disease is body’s way to communicate that it has accumulated toxins and needs cleansing and rest. Also referred to as Autoimmune Disorders, they are common among many people and vary per individual. The exact cause of what triggers the onset of autoimmune disease remains unknown, but there is help for managing your own symptoms through Holistic Healing Methods. Medical and holistic treatment is dependent on the patient’s immune system, health circumstances, and consultation with a physician or homeopath.
What is an Autoimmune Disorder/Disease?
When the body’s immune system functions normally, it naturally defends against viruses, bacteria germs, or abnormal body cells. However, the immune system fails when an Autoimmune Disease develops, and it actually learns to counteract your natural defenses. Thus, the confused immune system mistakenly tries to kill off your own tissue and organs! This can cause a variety of symptoms, leaving people and doctors questioning how to manage and potentially cure it, as malfunctions of the immune system vary from mild symptoms to more debilitating conditions. The body’s tissues, red blood cells, muscles, nerves, digestive system, skin, and blood vessels can all be affected by any breakdown of the immune system. A very common symptom is inflammation and hives. An increase in the size of an organ or tissue, or the destruction of an organ or tissue can result from the Autoimmune Disease type.
Common Causes of Autoimmune Diseases (contributing causes can range from, but are not limited to:)
- Environmental toxins
- Stress and anxiety
- Heredity or genetics
- Poor diet
- Lack of exercise or sleep
- Abuse of alcohol or tobacco
If you have been diagnosed as having an Autoimmune Disease, then you know they are thought to be incurable by most medical doctors. However, there have been many cases where people have healed themselves, through holistic healing methods and natural remedies! That is not to say that Holistic Healing will cure an Autoimmune Disease, but it can help to manage symptoms and can be used in hopes of natural healing.
Natural Medicines have been used for ages to help keep immune systems functioning optimally. Examples are:
- Sarsparilla and yarrow – cleans the blood and keep the muscles and joints from becoming inflamed
- Ginger and Turmeric – alleviates symptoms associated with autoimmune disorders
- Yucca – helps with stiffness, muscle aches/pains and helps to rid of skin disorders when used as a shampoo
- Aloe vera – reduces inflammation
- Amla- tonic that helps in fighting infection, reducing inflammation, and for obesity
- Ashwagandha – helps in improving immunity and strength
- Dandelion – diuretic, cleanses the liver and blood increases bile production, reduces serum cholesterol and uric acid, and improves kidneys, spleen, pancreas
- Echinacea – fights inflammation, bacterial and viral infection, stimulates some white blood cells, boosts immune system and lymphatic drainage
- Skullcap – aids sleep, circulation, relieves muscle cramps, spasms, pain, anxiety, nervous disorders, headache, cardiovascular health, etc
- Horsetail – diuretic, anti-inflammatory, promotes healthy skin, bone, hair and nails
- Nettle – general tonic, pain reliever, diuretic, expectorant, anti-inflammatory
Other Natural Tips Include:
- Living a healthy lifestyle
- Drinking a lot of water to help flush the body all the time
- Fasting can help the liver and body to detox
- Yoga can help in balancing the body’s metabolism
- Look into Reflexology
- Study Homeopathy for yourself
- Learn more about Holistic Nutrition
The advantage to using homeopathic ingredients and homeopathic remedies is that the immune system will not be overstimulated or overwhelmed with unnatural substances. Rather, they work together, bringing about balance and relief from the symptoms that autoimmune diseases cause. Again, speak to your doctor or homeopath before making any health-path decisions, as you must be certain you are not using any prescriptions or herbs that could react with each other.
If you have questions and hope about dealing with any of the above, find a Homeopath to help you on your journey. Or, decide to take Homeopathy Online to learn more about it for yourself, through Southwest Institute of Healing Arts! Rest well and eat a nutritious, natural diet while managing any Autoimmune Disease.
I am happily supporting and serving Southwest Institute of Healing Arts as the e-Marketing Specialist. SWIHA a nationally accredited (ACCET) private college and community-healing center for Holistic Healthcare careers and continuing education. I submit articles here on behalf of our teaching staff, and support SWIHA overall on all other online endeavors. ~ Blessings