A yummy salsa that can also be a great side dish for a picnic. Extend it even further by serving over shredded iceberg lettuce.
Watermelon, Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Servings Makes 12 – 18 servings.
- 2 cans corn kernels (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 purple onion (chopped)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 2 limes (juice from the squeezed limes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- dash salt to taste
- 3 cups chopped seedless watermelon
Mix together all ingredients except watermelon until well combined. Gently fold in watermelon. Chill.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Watermelon Board – https://www.watermelon.org/