Are you thinking of a great present for a loved one? You might want to purchase stylish clothes, bags or any other product you see in shopping malls, and have these as presents. However, you might have no idea what to give that special someone – even if you have known each other for years. You might feel that no matter how expensive the items, these do not seem perfect enough to give as a present. Hence, you end up feeling clueless what to purchase for your loved one.
If you want to make your present something special, you should consider making it personalized. For instance, you can try baking a cake as a wonderful present for that special person in your life. Black forest cake is ideal to make because it is very simple to make. Moreover, the fabulous taste and attractive appearance of the cake make it a classic favorite. Check out this recipe that you might want to try making.
Cream Cheese Black Forest
This great recipe for black forest features the rich taste and texture of cream cheese that makes the cake exquisite and very special. Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- 12 to 15 pieces of chocolate sandwich cookies (with cream filling)
- 16 oz. of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 pieces of large eggs
- 21 oz. of cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup of thawed whipped cream
1. Remove the top portion of the cookie. Then, crush these finely and set aside. Put the other half of the cookies (with the cream filling) in the cake pan with aluminum foil.
2. Meanwhile, use a bowl to blend the cocoa powder, cream cheese, vanilla and the sugar. Blend the mixture well using an electric mixer. Check the right consistency of the batter, which should be smooth, fluffy and light. Drop in the eggs, one at a time. Beat well each time you add an egg.
3. Transfer the prepared mixture to the cake pan. Sprinkle the top of the batter with the cookie crumbs. However, make sure that you save some of the cookie crumbs for later use. Then, bake the cake for a maximum of 25 minutes at 325 degrees F, or until the cake is ready (after testing the doneness with a toothpick).
4. After baking, allow the cake to cool completely. You may refrigerate the cake for two hours to have it set. When you are ready to serve the cake, put cherry pie filling as topping. You may add in some whipped cream and cookie crumb sprinkles.
There you have it, a truly amazing recipe for black forest. You can be sure that the cake is worthy as a present for that someone special in your life. The excellent taste, exquisite appearance and the convenience in preparing the cake make it a must-try for anyone. Try this recipe now and you will certainly discover how preparing a great cake is never difficult.
For more information related to Food and Recipes, please visit: Black Forest Cake, Pressure Cooker Recipes and Chicken Cacciatore. http://feelhungry.com/black-forest-cake-recipe
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com