Brownie Sundae on a Stick with Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes Makes 6 servings, plus 2 cups (500 ml) of sauce
Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce
- 1 cup 250 ml whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 125 ml brown sugar
- 1/3 cup 75 ml honey
- 1/4 cup 60 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup 75 ml peanut butter
- 3 1/2 oz 100 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp 15 ml vanilla
- 1/4 tsp 1 ml salt
Ice Cream Sundae Skewers
- 12 wooden skewers 4-inch/10-cm, or long toothpicks
- 12 brownie cubes 1-inch/2.5-cm
- 12 small strawberries
- 1 large banana cut into 12 slices (½-inch/1-cm thick)
- 6 scoops coffee vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- 2 tbsp 30 ml peanuts, preferably salted, coarsely chopped
In a medium saucepan, whisk together whipping cream, brown sugar, honey and cocoa powder until smooth. Set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, whisking continuously. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter, bittersweet chocolate, vanilla and salt.
Thread each skewer with a brownie, strawberry and banana slice. Scoop ice cream into 6 dishes and top with two skewers. Drizzle sauce over sundae kebobs and garnish with peanuts.
Tip: Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce can also be a replacement for traditional chocolate fondue, to be served with your favourite fruits.
Additional recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
Source: (NC) Newscanada.com
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)