Looking for the perfect recipe for entertaining? This delicious chicken and shrimp paella recipe from Chef Mike Ward is a flavourful dish for any occasion.
This appetizing meal makes it easy to see why so many top chefs prefer cooking with natural gas. Stoves and grills that use natural gas allow you to cook with more even, direct and precise heat. Try it out and see the difference.
Chicken and Shrimp Paella
- 8 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 8 bone-in skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1 pound 450 g peeled and deveined frozen medium shrimp, thawed
- 4 tbsp 60 mL olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 links 115 g/4 oz precooked Spanish chorizo, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 red bell peppers ribs and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 2 boxes 591 mL frozen peas
- 2 cans 29 oz/858mL diced tomatoes, in juice
- 2 cans 29 oz/858mL reduced-sodium chicken broth
Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil over medium-high.
Working in batches, cook chicken (do not crowd pot) until browned for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Reserve pot.
Place bell pepper, chorizo, onion, garlic and tomatoes (with their juice) in pot. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated; about 4 to 6 minutes.
Add rice, stirring until translucent around edges; about 1 to 2 minutes.
Find more delicious recipes online at enbridgegas.com/cookingwithgas.