Got combination skin? This is my skin type – it’s the kind that can be both oily and dry at the same time, and it’s one of the most common skin types. If you’re not sure whether yours is either only oily or dry, here’s a guide to help you determine if you’re a Combo girl. (made that up.)
- your T-zone area (forehead, chin, and nose) is usually oily, but your cheeks and skin around the eyes can range from normal to dry
- your skin pores are medium in size
- your skin may be oily along the chin, jaw line and temples, but dry or normal elsewhere
- overall, your skin appears normal and healthy, save for those small affected areas that are too oily or dry
So here’s the thing about being a Combo girl: your aim should be to treat the problem on one area without harming the skin of the other areas. First of all, it’s best to avoid harsh cleansers that are formulated for oily skin or milky cleansers formulated for dry skin. Strong products designed for oily skin should be avoided because they tend to be extremely drying and can be too drastic for your dry areas. Use a moisturizing cleansing bar or facial wash instead. The foaming action of a facial wash will help strip through the oil on the greasier parts of your skin but it won’t dehydrate your cheeks.
Remember that for the combination skin type, products designed for normal to oily skin are better. Always keep your face clean both in the morning and evening before going to bed and use a gentle exfoliator. And of course, you can always try natural, homemade facials designed for combination skin such as this recipe we’re sharing with you this week!
Rose, Yogurt & Honey Facial (combination skin)
- 2 tbsp. rosewater
- 1 tbsp. honey, runny (warm it in a microwave for a few seconds to make it runny)
- 1 tbsp. natural yogurt (not lowfat or non-fat)
- (Add a luxurious twist to this recipe — 6 fresh rose petals! This is optional.)
- If you have the rose petals, soak them first in a bowl of water then crush them.
- Add the rosewater, yogurt and honey and mix them well.
- Apply to your skin and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
Green Blossoms is a sustainable clothing company based in Los Angeles, California. Our clothes are made from bamboo, organic cotton and corn and are designed for today’s modern woman. We also love helping women live green and healthy lives, and have fun doing it through our blog. Visit us at http://www.greenblossoms.net