Useful tips for men with thin hair.
1) Switch shampoo and conditioner to something higher quality, or more natural.
2) Clean out the buildup in your hair with baking soda every once in a couple months. (condition after!)
3) Leave lemon juice and coconut water in your hair for a few minutes before taking a shower.
4) I use mustard oil in my hair before shampooing. This can be bought at Indian Supermarkets.
5) I put Lavender Oil in my shampoo.
6) After my shower, I put a mixture of Oat Water (let oats soak in water overnight, then strain out oats) and honey or sugar water ( 1 tsp per 2 -3 cups)
7) I have found lemon juice and orange juice make good hairspray.
Also, a good hair lotion:
1/2 cup water, tea, herbal infusion, etc
1/4 – 1/2 cup oil (olive, mustard, coconut, etc)
1 tbsp liquid soy lecithin (or possibly even egg yolk, though I haven’t tested it)
a little alcohol (or your hair will be really greasy)
fruit or vegetable juice (such as carrot)
This works best with a small electric beater, just mix it up and store it in a jar.
Good herbal infusions to use are: basil, ginger, lavender, rose, frankincense, turmeric, rosemary, horsetail, chamomile, shikakai, amla, gotu kola, cinnamon, myrrh, sandalwood (frankincense, sandalwood, and myrrh are often used on the crown chakra. Frankincense and turmeric are used for arthritis.)