Skin care is a part of our everyday life and facial mask is a part of it. This is helpful for both men and women. Men have 15 percent more oilier skin than women. So it is necessary for them to cleansing, toning and moisturizing regularly to get rid of dirt and pollutants that clog the skin and make it dull. They have considerably rougher skin than women due to regular shaving and razor use. So they should take special care of their skin though they are careless. The skin care products which are purchased from market are mainly rich in chemicals, may result in lots of side effects. So it is always better to use homemade beauty recipes or herbal products for skin care. Facial masks provide the best protection in fighting against skin disorders. Homemade facial masks are good because they can be easily prepared, cheap and give wonderful results. Some of the useful homemade facial masks recipes are:
1. Mixture of 2 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoon of milk can be applied over face and throat. Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
2. A mixture of mashed strawberry, pineapple and banana can be applied over the face and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Then wash it with water. This mask is extremely good for skin and makes it soft and smooth.
3. Mash one-fourth of banana and apply to the face for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and then with cold water. Then pat it dry.
4. Mash a banana thoroughly and mix it with 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoon of yogurt and apply it on the face evenly. Leave it on the face till the skin absorbs. This a good facial mask.
5. Egg Almond facial mask is very good for dry skin. Take 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of almond oil and mixed them thoroughly. Apply it on the face evenly and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse it off with cold water.
6. Face mask of tomato and lemon is very effective for oily skin. Mix 1 ripe mashed tomato with 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply this on the face and leave it for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
7. Papaya and yogurt mask is very good for exfoliating the dead skin. Take ½ of the flesh from one papaya and mixed with one tablespoon of plain yogurt. Apply it on the face and leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
8. Clay mask is very good for oily skin. Take any clay like kaolin or fuller’s earth and add any liquid like distilled water, rose water, aloe vera, egg white, egg yolk, honey or witch hazel to make a smooth paste. Apply this on the skin and wash it after it get dry and tight.
9. Take equal quantities of milk and honey; beat them well to make a smooth paste. Apply this on the face and neck smoothly with a flat brush. Rinse this after 10 minutes.
This mask helps to get instant glow.
10. Take enough cornmeal which will be required for the face and mix it with water and make a thick tight paste. Apply it on the face in circular motion and leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then rinse with water.
These are some useful homemade facial masks recipes which are very good for the face, and make the skin glow from inside.
There are many mens skincare products in the market but homemade recipes are money saving and easy to use. There are plenty of products in the kitchen that can help to enhance the quality of the skin and make us feel great. But, in this busy life it’s very difficult to get enough time for skin care. So we can use herbal products from the market.