The hot, dry heat of a grill is excellent for cooking flavorful fish like salmon, especially with a recipe like this:
Grilled Salmon with Mango-Peach Salsa
- ¾ cup (175 ml) diced peeled mango
- ¾ cup (175 ml) diced peeled peaches
- ½ cup (125 ml) diced cucumber
- ¼ cup (50 ml) diced red onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Billy Bee honey
- 1 lb (500 g) salmon fillets, skinless
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Club House La Grille Salmon Seasoning
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
Salsa: Combine the first 7 ingredients. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
Salmon: Cut salmon into 4 portions and brush with olive oil. Combine Club House La Grille Salmon Seasoning and brown sugar. Sprinkle over salmon. Let stand 5 minutes. Place on greased grill over medium heat. Cover and grill 8 to 12 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa.
Tips: Leftover salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can grill one (1 lb/500 g) fillet for about 30 minutes and cut into serving size pieces after cooking.