Let’s face it. We all want beautiful hair. It’s certainly not called “crowning glory” for nothing – it not only makes you look good; it also makes you feel good about yourself. Didn’t someone say that a woman finding the perfect hairdresser is one of life’s grandest things? This only shows how much we value our crowning glory – therefore we need to take care of it and promote its health, just like we do with our bodies.
We are well aware of the many products available for hair care. Shampoos, conditioners and intensive treatments are on top of most lists, but in order to keep it healthy, we need a very good hair rinse.
Why Do We Need A Regular Hair Rinse?
Pollution, the sun’s rays, strong shampoos, dyes, dry air, etc. can cause damage to a great extent. This is where the importance of good rinse comes in. It brings back the shine and life back to hair because it acts directly on our scalp rather than the hair shaft, where proteins and nutrients are absorbed.
Hair rinses restore the hair’s natural PH balance. It works to clarify hair – removing and last traces of shampoo or conditioner residue. When the clarifying is done, our hair shines and it becomes softer! A good rinse improves luster and volume too!
And here’s more: It also restores the acid-alkaline balance of our scalp. That acid-alkaline balance is disturbed whenever we recklessly wash using shampoos and get exposed to chlorinated water.
Today’s recipe uses herbs and lemons — how wonderful is that? Enjoy!
Lively Lemon & Rosemary Hair Rinse
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1 tsp. finely chopped rosemary (for dark hair) or chamomile (for light hair)
- 1/2 cup of water
1. Squeeze the lemon juice into a small bowl.
2. In a saucepan, put the finely chopped rosemary and pour in enough water to cover.
3. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Strain the mixture and let it cool.
5. Mix 2 tbsp. of the rosemary with the lemon juice in your bowl.
6. Pour this mixture through your shampooed and conditioned hair.
7. Leave on the hair for 5 minutes.
8. Rinse hair thoroughly with cool or tepid water.
Use this hair rinse once a week after shampooing and conditioning.