Backache can be caused by an accident or an injury to the spine. Backache is generally a gripping pain near the inward curve of the back above the base of the spine. Back problems affect all kinds of people, men as much as women and young as well as old. Back is an important organ that bears the entire body weight. In the contemporary times. Sedentary living habits, hazardous work patterns and psychological conditions associated with emotional stress, which bring about spasm of the muscles, cause backaches. As the back bears the weight of the entire body, overweight persons feel the strain on the back when they have to carry an extra load. In most cases of backache, the pain is usually felt either in the middle of the back or lower down. It may spread to both sides of the waist and the hips. In a condition of acute pain, the patient is unable to move and is bedridden.
Many people experience back pain as they age and their joint tissues deteriorate or shift. Psychological tension, stress, or anxiety about everyday problems can also lead to backache. In addition, back pain can result from diseases of the kidneys, heart, lungs, intestinal tract, or reproductive organs. Other causes include stress and strain resulting from sitting for a long time, improper lifting of weights, high heels, and emotional problems which may cause painful muscle cramping.
Low Back Pain Ayurvedic Herbal Remedies, Causes and Symptoms
Backache caused is degenerative disease, metabolic diseases or congenital. Acute or chronic illnesses like kidney or prostate problems, female disorders, Influenza, and arthritis, may also lead to backache. It can be the result of developmental problems or a tumor. Use this list as a basis of the possible causes of back pain. Backaches occasionally stem from a congenital (present from birth) malformation. In such cases, pain generally results from the unusual stresses that the deformity imposes on surrounding muscular structures rather than from the abnormality itself. Severe back pain may also be accompanied by pain or numbness radiating down one or both legs. Though most muscular back pains disappear within a week or two of their onset, some can last one to two months.
Pain may recur unless preventive measures are taken. Usually the pain is felt in the middle of the back or in the lower back. When the pain aggravates, it tends to spread to both sides of the waist and hips. When the pain becomes very acute, the patient is recommended bed rest for sometime. Most patients suffer from a problem referred to as cervical and lumbar spondylosis, in which the spine tends to lose its flexibility.
Back Pain Sciatica Natural Herbal Remedies and Alternative Treatments
Herbal Remedies Cure for Backache
1. Use of garlic. Two or three cloves should be taken every morning to get results. An oil prepared from garlic and rubbed on the back will give great relief.
2. Lemon is another useful remedy for backache.
3. Raw potato is an ancient home remedy for backache, characterized by incapacitating pain in the lumbar region, especially in the lower part of the back.
4. Fish oil taken daily, is the least expensive and most effective manner in which to eliminate backache, joint pain, pains in the wrists.
5. Mixture of powdered sonth, sweet soda and salt if consumed with hot milk or water can alleviate your backache problems.
6. While sleeping, sleep on a firm mattress. Avoid sleeping face down.
7. Heat may be applied with hot water bottle or infrared lamp for temporary relief in the area.
8. Drink some hot milk or water with powdered sonth, meetha soda, and namak.
9. Colchicine – may help with back pain caused by a herniated disc (note: colchicine may have adverse side effects).
10. Willow Bark – used when experiencing pain due to inflammation.
11. Cayenne Pepper – can be applied topically to areas of pain (a counter irritant).
12. Devil’s Claw – may reduce accute lower back pain.
13. Ginger – used to decrease inflammation and associated back pain.
14. Eucalyptus and Peppermint Oil – a combination of eucalyptus and peppermint oil applied topically to area of pain (a counter irritant).
15. Turmeric – has anti-inflammatory effects with possible treatment of low back pain.
Photo. Matheus Bertelli
Also a good Message would help.