It typically involves some strain or spasm of the large muscles along the spine that serve to support the spine. A general ache along the spine can be due to stretching or tearing of muscles, back shock or mechanical stress. Clear pain is usually not caused by stress.
Backache is one of the most common ailments prevalent today. Sedentary living habits, hazardous work patterns and psychological conditions linked with emotional stress, which bring about spasm of the muscles, cause backaches. As the back bears the weight of the entire body plump persons feel the strain on the back at what time they have to carry an extra load.
Symptoms of Backache
• Pain experienced in the region of the middle or lower back.
• Acute pain in the back and difficulty in bladder and bowel movements are cause for concern
• Pain in the waist and hip region
• Inability to move and extreme discomfort
• Pain and numbness experienced from the back to the legs.
Following Are The Major Backache Causes
• Joint pain
• Muscular pain
• Improper diet
• Eating junk food
• No physical activities
• Improper functioning of kidney
• Obesity, influenza
• Irregular menstrual cycle in women
Home Remedies for Backache
• An effective home remedy would be to apply potato, in the poultice form. Peel a potato and cut into cubes. Boil the cubes and mash them. After they cool down a bit, apply on the back and hold it there with a bandage for an hour.
• Raw potato is also one of the good home remedies for backache. Application of raw potato in the poultice form has been found very effective in backache cure.
• A high intake of raw vegetables and fresh fruits is considered to be good for persons with back pain. Raw vegetables for salad may include carrot, cabbage, cucumber, radish, onion and lettuce.
• Mix 1 tbsp glucose or honey in warm water and have it in the morning, on an empty stomach. It is a simple, yet effective way to get relief from backache.
• Lemon is useful natural remedy for backache. The juice of one lemon should be mixed with common salt and given to the patient two times as daily routine. It will give backache pain relief.
• Basil leaves can also cure a person suffering from backache. Take a cup of water and boil ten basil leaves in it. Let the water boil till only half the quantity is left. Cool down the water and add 1/4 tsp salt. Drink this decoction once a day.