Depression is a feeling of persistent sadness, involving feelings of helplessness and hopelessness. It involves not only mood but also feelings of being physically ill and not being able to think clearly.
Depression can affect anyone. Once identified, the majority of people diagnosed with depression is successfully treated. Each year more than 17 million American adults tell a period of clinical depression. The cost in human suffering can not be assessed.
Depressive disorders come in different forms, just as is the case with other diseases such as heart disease. The three most common types of depressive disorders are.
• Major depression
• Bipolar Disorder
However, within these types there are variations in the number of symptoms, their severity and persistence.
Cause of depression
Whatever its cause, depression is not just a state of mind. It is connected with the physical changes in the brain and is linked to an imbalance of a type of chemical that carries signals in your brain and nerves. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters.
Vitamins and Natural Home remedies for treating depression
• Vitamin B1 – is essential for energy production and function of nerve cells.
• Vitamin B3 – Lack of vitamin B has been associated with anxiety an depression.
• Vitamin B5 – Vitamin B5 is involved in the formation of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which may participate in a certain depression and anxiety.
• Vitamin B6 – Vitamin B6 has a major importance in regulating your mood disorders and is more involved in the proceedings of all the vitamins and depression or treatment.
• Vitamin B12 – The mental changes caused by lack of vitamin B12 can raise from difficulty in concentrating or remembering, mental the fatigue and low moods, to a severe depression, etc. to intense agitation.
Natural Home Remedies
• Ginkgo Biloba: – Research shows that ginkgo biloba stimulate blood flow to the brain, which is essential in uplifting the mood of a depressed individual. For that matter, ginkgo has been considered as one of the most effective remedies based on herbs for depression.
• Ginger for depression: – Apart from the exciting flavor, ginger is also of high quality anti-depressants. It ‘has long been used for treating anxiety and depression.
• Gastritis: take a teaspoon of oil of Hypercom. To prepare the oil, place 90 g of flowering tops in 300 ml of olive oil. Soak for 6 weeks in a tightly sealed bottle at room temperature, then exposed to the sun for a day. Strain and store in dark glass bottles, protected from light and in a cool place.
• Siberian Ginseng: – Siberian ginseng is considered to have the ability to improve the stability of certain neurotransmitters in the brain. Stability results for the effective operation in terms of adaptation to specific physical demands in the external environment. E ‘was confirmed that Siberian ginseng help improve abstract thinking, as well as stimulate the body’s immune system.
You may be interested Herbs for Depression and Depression Treatment. Also visit more on Home Remedies for Depression.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com
Photo Credit: Dr. Mital John