High blood pressure (HBP) itself usually has no symptoms. Rarely, headaches may occur. Knowing your blood pressure numbers is important, even when you’re feeling fine. If your blood pressure is normal, you can work with your health care team to keep it that way. If your numbers are too high, you can take steps to lower them and control your blood pressure. This helps reduce your risk for complications.
Blood pressure is not constant throughout the day. It is lowest during the time when we go to bed and increase as we get back to our work during day time. It may rise during the time when we are excited, nervous or under pressure. In an adult individual the normal blood pressure have to be 120/80 mm of mercury.
Causes of Hypertension (BHP):
• Unhealthy food habits
• Insufficient rest and sleep
• Metabolic disorders
• Hardening of the arteries
• Genetic disorders
• High salt intake
• Emotional and Physical stress
• Family history of hypertension
Symptoms of Hypertension (HBP):
However there are some known symptoms of hypertension, which a person with hypertension may experience now and then.
• Heart pain
• Difficulty in breathing
• Blurred Vision
• Frequent urination
High Blood Pressure Home Remedies:
• Walking barefoot on green grass for 15-20 minutes daily also improves blood circulation and helps to maintain the blood pressure at normal. This is a good high blood pressure remedy.
• Lemon is also regarded as a valuable food to control high blood pressure. It is a rich source of vitamins which is found both in the juice and peel of the fruit. This vitamin is essential for preventing capillary fragility. Thus making it a very good home remedy in high blood pressure.
• Hot foot or leg bath for 10 minutes and hot compress over the heart are the water treatments that have been proved beneficial. This is also effective high blood pressure treatment.
• Take equal proportions of onion juice and honey. Take 2 tablespoons of this mixture two times a day. This is an effective natural remedy to cure high blood pressure.
• Curry leaves are also commonly used in the treatment of high blood pressure. Take 35-40 green curry leaves and boil in a glass of water. Keep it aside and allow it to cool. Drink this solution in empty stomach in early morning.
• Take fennel seeds, cumin seeds and sugar in equal quantities and make a powdered mixture. Then add one teaspoonful of this powdered mixture in a glassful of water and drink. Do this ne time in every morning and every evening. This will be helpful to people who have problem of hypertension.
• Gooseberry (amla) is also used in the treatment of high blood pressure. Take 1-2 tablespoon of amla juice with honey in empty stomach early in the morning. It will help in lowering high blood pressure.
• Prepare a juice using 25 to 30 curry leaves in a cup of water. Strain this drink and consume it in the morning. Lime juice can also be added to the mixture.