A gorgeous Mexican mango was the inspiration for a flavorful, antioxidant-rich smoothie in my kitchen this week. In celebration of that particularly sunny shade of pink-orange-yellow found in mangoes, carrots, and citrus fruits, I whipped up a sweet, fruity, plant-based mango, with a bite of spicy ginger. This smoothie is packed with vitamin C, vitamin A, and carotenoid compounds found in yellow-orange fruits and vegetables, which are linked to disease protection.
Mango Carrot Ginger Smoothie
- 1 mango (peeled, sliced into chunks)
- 1/2 orange (peeled, quartered)
- 1 large carrot (sliced into large chunks)
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk (plain)
- 1 1-inch piece, peeled fresh ginger
- 6 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in container of a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses. Enjoy!
Makes 2 servings.(Yield: about 2 1/2 cups or 1 1/4 cup per serving) Per Serving: 200 calories, 4 g total fat (0 g. saturated fat), 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g protein, 4 g dietary fiber, 120 mg sodium. Prep Time: 10 minutes
Sharon Palmer – American Institute for Cancer Research – Aicr.org
Photo. Sharon Palmer