How to make different kinds of omelets. Easy and delicious recipes.
Plain Omelet Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon water or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper or if you like black pepper may be substituted
- 2 teaspoons of cooking oil
- Combine eggs and water and beat the eggs with a fork or you can whisk until light and frothy, now add salt and pepper then mix it.
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan on medium high heat.
- Pour in the eggs.
- Don’t touch until eggs begin to set (solid and firm around edges) and now Reduce the heat to medium.
- After this carefully lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula and tilt pan to allow the uncooked portion to run underneath.
- Continue until omelet is full cooked, omelet is set with no more liquid eggs in the center.
- When the eggs are set, lift one side with a spatula and fold over, now this is ready to eat.
French Omelet Recipe
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons water or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Beat two whole eggs and the yolks of two more until thick.
- After this add salt, water and a dash of pepper. Mix thoroughly, then strain into a bowl.
- Heat cooking oil in a non stick 10 inch skillet on medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add the egg mixture in it.
- Let the eggs sit undisturbed until they begin to set.
- Reduce heat to medium, using a spatula, lift one edge of the omelet and tilt the skillet so that the uncooked egg runs down on to the hot pan.
- Continue this procedure until the omelet is completely set.
- Lift one side of the omelet with a spatula and fold over other half.
Spanish Omelet Recipe
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped red pepper
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped omit
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil for vegetables
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil for omelet
- 5 eggs
- 4 tablespoons water
- 10. Salt and pepper
- 11. 1 cup salsa (heated)
- Heat 4 tablespoons cooking oil in a saucepan.
- Saute peppers, onion and mushroom until tender.
- Now combine eggs, water, salt and pepper in a small bowl and beat with a fork or whisk until light and frothy.
- Heat 4 tablespoons cooking oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Now pour in the egg mixture.
- Don’t touch until eggs begin to set. After this now reduce heat to medium.
- Now carefully lift the edges with a spatula after this tilt pan to allow the uncooked portion to run underneath.
- Continue this procedure until omelet is set with no more liquid eggs in the center.
- Now spread the cooked vegetable mix over one side of the omelet.
- 10. Lift the other side of the omelet with a spatula and fold over the vegetable mix.
Photo. Rakratchada Torsap