Having healthy snacks on hand can help fight hunger throughout the workday. This easy, portable mix is quick to make and lasts all week. Pecans pack healthy fatty acids and protein that keep you full longer. This hot and sweet spice blend adds a kick of flavor to satiate your midday cravings.
Maple Cayenne Pecans
Makes 4 servings. Per Serving (1/4 cup): 194 calories, 19 g fat (1 saturated), 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 146 mg sodium, 2 g protein
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or other oil, like olive or walnut oil)
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt (or regular salt)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease pan lightly with oil. In a medium bowl, combine all other ingredients.
- Spread pecans evenly on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove sheet from oven and transfer to a platter or plate, allowing the pecans to cool fully for 30 minutes before eating.
Grocery List • 1 tsp coconut oil (or other oil, like olive or walnut oil) • Raw pecan halves • Pure maple syrup • Cinnamon • Himalayan sea salt (or regular salt) • Cayenne
Sonja Goedkoop, MSPH, RD, is a registered dietitian at Zesty, Inc. She is passionate about helping others improve their health through diet and physical activity and believes eating nutritious food should be easy and taste great. You can follow her twitter @SonjaGoedkoopRD.