Indulge in the calming and rejuvenating experience of a Northern Nights Bath with this homemade bath salt recipe. The combination of scents and ingredients will transport you to a serene and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for unwinding after a long day.
Northern Nights Bath Salt Recipe
You will need:
- 1 cup Epsom Salt
- 2 drops Cinnamon essential oil
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 3 drops Pine essential oil
- 2 drops Blackcurrant essential oil
- 2 tablespoons of Jojoba oil (skin moisturizer) (optional)
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup of Epsom salt and 1 cup of baking soda.
- Add 2 drops of cinnamon essential oil, 3 drops of pine essential oil, and 2 drops of blackcurrant essential oil to the mixture. Stir well to evenly distribute the oils.
- If desired, add 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil to the mixture for added moisturizing benefits. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the bath salt mixture into an airtight container to store.
- To use the Northern Nights Bath Salt, fill your bathtub with warm water.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the bath salt mixture under running water. This will help dissolve the crystals and release the aroma into the bath.
- Stir the water with your hand to distribute the bath salts evenly.
- Soak in the bath for about 20 minutes, allowing the relaxation-inducing scents to envelop you.
- Rinse off with fresh water after bathing, and pat dry your body gently with a towel.
For optimal relaxation, use this bath salt recipe once or twice a week. However, feel free to adjust the frequency based on your personal preferences and schedule.
When stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, this bath salt mixture can have a shelf life of up to six months. Over time, the scent may fade slightly, but the salts will still provide a pleasant bathing experience. If the mixture starts to clump or develop an off smell, it is best to discard and make a fresh batch.
Pioneerthinking.com – Ingredient for a Simple Life
© Pioneerthinking.com – All rights reserved. For personal use only.