Weeknights can be hectic, especially during the holidays. Fortunately, sheet-pan meals are a great way to easily include lots of nutritious veggies and lean proteins into your family’s dinners.
Try this great Greek chicken recipe tonight and if you’ve got leftovers, make a pot of rice and serve the leftover chicken and vegetables on top of a rice bowl for the next day.
One-Pan Greek Chicken Dinner
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
• 1 ½ lb (680 g) mini potatoes, or larger potatoes cut in half
• 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges (leave stem intact)
• 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• ½ tsp black pepper
• PC World of Flavours Greek flattened whole chicken
• 10 cocktail tomatoes or 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
• 1/3 cup prepared tzatziki sauce
• 1 lemon, cut into wedges
• Pinch of salt
• ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano (optional)
• 1/3 cup Kalamata olives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Stir together potatoes, red onion, yellow pepper, garlic, oil, black pepper and salt in a large roasting pan.
2. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven; place chicken, breast-side up, over top of vegetables. Return to oven; bake until chicken is browned, juices run clear when chicken is pierced and instant-read thermometer reads 165ºF (74ºC) when inserted in thickest part; 45 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Remove from oven. Transfer chicken to cutting board; let rest 10 minutes. Cut into eight similar size pieces and arrange over vegetables in roaster. Top with tomatoes and olives (if using). Dollop with tzatziki and sprinkle with oregano (if using). Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritional information per 1/6 of recipe: calories 460; fat 24 g; sodium 960 mg; carbohydrates 29 g; dietary fibre 4 g; sugars 8 g; protein 33 g.
Source: (NC) Newscanada.com