In the past two articles, I’ve covered purification by water and earth. This time I’ll discuss purification by sound. Sound, while not specifically one of the Four Elements, Earth, Air, Fire and Water, is sometimes associated with air and by others with a fifth element Spirit.
Percussion is one of the most powerful purification processes. It can break up lumps of energy in the body and in a space that you are clearing. It penetrates quickly and can penetrate any object. There are many ways to supply percussion into the body and space.
- Clapping is a method thousands of years old. To refresh an auric field clap around the body for about 60 seconds, especially at the head and feet. If you are feeling ungrounded a few claps beside your ears will help. Alligator clapping in the corners of rooms will break up energy. Using an instrument like the Australian Clapping Sticks or even clapping hardwood building blocks together will quickly clear out the room. I’ve used the clapping sticks to break up balls of energy on and inside of the body. Castanets are finger clapping instruments and claves are similar.
- Drumming is the basic of nearly all shamanic work. They are used similarly to clapping. For the human body, a cupped hand drummed on the back can clear out the lungs. Used in a gentle chopping manner it will realign the energy meridians that flow through the body.
- Bells will not only disperse stuck energy, cur they can raise the vibration in the room and create Sacred Space. Many church services, rituals and other events begin with the ringing of bells outside and inside clearing both spaces. I have always kept well tuned wind chimes in front and in back of my house to keep the energy of the busy city at bay. A singing bell’s reverberation is a wonderful to clear very dense and stuck energy. Tuning forks are recognized therapeutic tools. I also kept a set of bells on my office door when I was managing a school. The children thought they were getting by with a little bad behavior by ringing them each time they walked by, when in reality, I had put them to work keeping the hallways and my office cleared dozens of times each day. There are many types of bells, like the xylophone, tree bells, gongs and cymbals. A tambourine combines the percussion of a drum with bells. Don’t forget about the ancient tinshas that has been used for thousands of years to clear out temples, and signal changes during ritual.
- One of my favorite tools for breaking up stuck energy in the body (It works well for grounding too.) is a toy known as a Thunder Drum. It is a cardboard tube, with a cap at one end and a long spring hanging through the middle. If you shake it just right, it does sound like thunder and it gives off a very strong deep vibration that will drive energies to the surface.
- Simple sand blocks, rhythm sticks, even drumming on the table will work.
Beyond percussion, singing bowls, toning, chanting, singing and just playing quality music will clear and purify space, the auric fields and can even restore health and balance. Sound is a very powerful purifier.
More from the series:
A Fifth Generation Psychic, LILLIE has been a Professional Energy Channel and Clairvoyant for the past 3 decades. Lillie grew up with music in the air and by age 4 was an accomplished musician. She has studied with researchers and musicians from around the globe. For more information go LILLIE’S website [http://www.lillieruby.org]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com