Appetizing After-School Bites
You won’t be calling for delivery once you try this recipe. This easy-to-prepare Hawaiian pizza packs a ton of flavor and will have even the pickiest eaters asking for more. Store-bought pizza dough makes it quick to prep and any leftover sausage or fruit can be packed as a school snack for the next day. If pineapple is a bit tart for your taste buds, try substituting local and in-season pears.
Sweet and Savoury Hawaiian Pizza
Prep time: 15 minutes Total time: 35 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 454 g ball fresh pizza dough
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 3 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups kolbassa sausage (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple (chopped)
- 1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 red pepper (diced)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to fit a 14-inch round pizza pan (or an 18×13 rectangular pan).
- Spread pizza sauce over the dough, sprinkle with mozzarella and add toppings.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is golden and crispy.
- Broil for 2 to 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Find more meal and snack ideas at www.walmart.ca/recipes.
Source: (NC) www.newscanada.com