Wheat allergy is one of the various food allergies that a person might suffer from. Food allergies are commonly caused due to certain components of the food, commonly protein, and are different from food intolerance, which is caused due to the inflammation of the small intestine when the body fails to digest certain food items. Wheat allergy is the food allergy commonly found in kids. This occurs when their body’s or say the immune system reacts to certain proteins in wheat. Wheat allergy is one of the most commonly occurring food allergies, especially in kids till the age of six. It is not all that difficult to diagnose wheat allergy since the symptoms are visible and can be easily read. However, one needs to be careful and not confuse symptoms of wheat intolerance with the symptoms of wheat allergy. One needs to have a clear sense of difference between the symptoms of wheat intolerance and allergy, so as to provide the right medical help to the patient.
This article provides you with information on wheat allergy signs and symptoms. Read on to gain more knowledge.
Wheat Allergy Signs And Symptoms
Exercise-induced anaphylaxis is one of the common symptoms of any allergic reaction to wheat. This malady is also known as ‘whet-dependent exercise induced anaphylaxis’ which is similar to the baker’s allergy since both of these allergic reactions are mediated by lgE responses. In wheat exercise induced anaphylaxis, the wheat gliadins and similar proteins in other triticale forms enter the blood stream while a person is exercising causing acute asthmatic and allergic reactions.
- Wheat allergies can also lead to migraine conditions in a person. People suffering from migraines are believed to have reactions to food allergens, most commonly to wheat. Therefore, wheat allergies can aggravate migraine conditions in an individual.
- Children suffering from autism can suffer from certain gastrointestinal symptoms which can be attributed to wheat and other similar food items.
- The skin is the most visible part of the body for wheat allergy symptoms to manifest. People allergic to wheat will develop an itching sensation along with hives and skin rashes. Psoriasis, contact dermatitis, eczema etc are some other skin problems that people with wheat allergy can experience.
- People suffering from wheat allergy might also experience some digestive problems such as nausea and stomach cramps. People might even experience projectile vomiting or diarrhea.
- Swelling of the lips and throat along with watering eyes are some other symptoms of wheat allergy to be found in a person. The person might even face itching and soreness in the throat in the later stages of the allergy.
- People suffering from wheat allergy might also experience symptoms such as chronic fatigue, tiredness, depression and regular mood swings. Some of the other uncommon signs of wheat allergy are headaches, discomfort of body and general pain, joints and muscle pains etc.
- Sneezing, coughing, sinus congestion and even asthma and fever can be caused by extreme cases of wheat allergy.
- Certain serious allergic cases might even cause bloody diarrhoea in the patients. Patients suffering from wheat allergy will experience blood in their stool which might be a serious problem requiring immediate medical attention.
- Wheat allergy can also cause painful muscular contractions in the abdomen of a person. These are one among the digestive symptoms caused due to wheat allergy which can prove to be quite painful and uneasy for the patient.
- Wheat allergy in a person can also make him/her experience malaise. Malaise is a general feeling of uneasiness and illness in a person. A person suffering from wheat allergy will suddenly start feeling unwell.
- People with wheat allergy can also be attacked with the problem of anorexia. Anorexia is a condition of loss of appetite in a person. This might lead to other acute health issues in a person.
Hair removal tips