How to make a really good burger!
Here’s what you will need:
- One and a half lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons drained Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 8 slices pepper Jack cheese, 2x1x1/4 inch (about four oz)
- 4 kaiser roll split
- a quarter cup Old El Paso taco sauce or Old El Paso Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
Prepare as follows:
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. In medium bowl, mix beef, onion and chiles. Shape mixture into 8 thin patties. Top each of 4 patties with 2 slices cheese. Place remaining beef patties on top; pinch edges to seal securely. 2. Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 14 to 16 minutes, turning once, until burgers are slightly firm when pressed in center. Add rolls, cut sides down, for last 4 minutes of grilling or until toasted. Serve patties on rolls with taco sauce.
– 4 Servings
Thanks to http://southernfood.about.com for this delicious recipe.
The ingredients you’ll need are:
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of green pepper finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of prepared mustard
- 1 dash of pepper
- your favorite burger toppings
- 4 split buns, toasted
Combine lean ground beef with onion, green pepper, ketchup, horseradish, salt, mustard, and pepper; mix lightly. Shape into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick. Grill or broil to desired doneness, about 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Serve with a variety of toppings and split toasted buns.
Texas Stuffed Grilled Burgers
Thanks to allrecipes.com for this terrific, original recipe.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 5 pounds lean ground beef
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hickory seasoning (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat your grill for high heat. When hot, oil the grate lightly. In an appropriately sized bowl, mix the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, hickory seasoning, salt and pepper until everything well blended together. Hand shape between 8 and 10 balls, and then flatten them into patties for grilling. On half of the patties (4-5), distribute the onions, the mushrooms, the chopped ham and the cheddar cheese. Cover the piles with the remaining patties, making certain to enclose the filling and to tightly seal the patties together. Grill the 4-5 patties for somewhere between 8 and 10 minutes on each side, or until the cheese in the middle has melted and the burger is well done.
Thank you razzledazzlerecipes.com for this culinary delight.
The ingredients you’ll need:
- 3 T. Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. A-1 sauce
- 1 T. oil
- 1/2 C. beef broth
- 1 tsp. Heinz 57 sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. vinegar
Combine the ingredients.
Use a pound and a half of ground beef to make patties.
Put the burgers in a covered container and pour the marinade over them. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from marinade and sear over high heat to seal in the juices.
Mushroom Stuffed Burgers
This too is from razzledazzlerecipes.com. If you’re smart, you’ll visit often.
Required ingredients are:
- 1 1/2 pounds hamburger
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
Proceed as follows:
Mix together the first 7 ingredients. Create a dozen patties, each about a quarter of an inch in thickness. Lightly saute the mushrooms in the butter. Put the sauteed mushrooms on 6 of the patties. Then top with the remaining 6 patties, sealing the edges tightly.
Broil or grill to desired doneness. Top with cheese. Serve on toasted buns.
I hope you will enjoy all five burgers as much as I do. And, if you want even more variety in your backyard cooking, you can find many more good burger recipes on the net.
Find gourmet food and more useful information about drink and food at this restaurant directory.
Photo Credit: Grant Cochrane | Freedigitalphotos.net
Article Source: Articlesbase.com