Awarded Honorable Mention in 2017 Recipe Contest, this watermelon jam by Cheryl Holsapfel from Garrettsville, Ohio is the perfect mix of sweet and sour. Cheryl likes to enjoy the jam with soft cheese and crackers – we loved it with butter and warm biscuits. Either way, we’re sure you’ll love it!
Watermelon Lemonade Jam
Yields: 3 8-ounce jars (24 servings)
Nutritional Facts: Serving size 1 Calories per serving 40 Carbohydrates per serving 10g Sugar per serving 10g
- 3 cups watermelon puree (juice and flesh)
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ lemon juice from lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons pectin
- 3 8-ounce jelly jars with lids
- Remove rinds and puree all watermelon flesh and juice in blender with all wet ingredients, until fruit is smooth (consistent in texture). Add the pectin and blend quickly to evenly incorporate.
- In a large pan simmer mixture for 5 min on medium-low. Increase temperature to medium-high heat till reaches a full boil (that can’t be stopped when stirring) and hold for a minute. Slowly incorporate sugar.
- Return to a full boiling and hold at hard boil (that can’t be stopped when stirring) for one minute.
- Makes about three 8 ounce jars. Pour into small glass jars and lid.
- Be careful – the jam will be very hot! Allow to cool to room temp and keep in refrigerator for up to two weeks.