We all know to use sunscreen, but when overexposure to the sun leaves skin red, swollen and painful, watermelon can come to the rescue. Naturally moisturizing watermelon is combined with soothing cucumber to provide much needed relief for sensitive sunburned skin.
- 1 cup (250mL) cubed watermelon flesh
- 1 cup (250mL) slices cucumber
In a food processor or blender, mix ingredients together until combined.
1. Spoon ¼ of mixture into a cheese cloth or tea towel.
2. Fold cloth or towel over mixture, squeeze gently to allow moisture to soak through.
3. Place the moist cloth on affected areas for 20 minutes.
4. Rinse off with cool water.
Mareena Ostrovsky, Ici Paris Skin Care Clinic for www.watermelon.org.