There are really many ways to clean with baking soda. This is one of the best non-poisonous products that you can use to clean the kitchen. This is a very good solution.
Why Use Baking Soda?
Baking soda is present in most organic life forms. It is created naturally from sodium carbonate or soda ash. Usually, sodium bicarbonate results precipitates out when soda ash is dissolved in a solution of carbon dioxide. Like vinegar, there are several reasons why the Stewarding Department should consider using baking soda when cleaning:
- Baking soda is non-toxic or nonpoisonous. One can use this as a cleaning agent without worrying about inhaling noxious material or being poisoned.
- Baking soda is affordable. Although the Stewarding Department usually has budget for its cleaning materials, it is definitely a great idea to look into various ways to save money. When it comes to cleaning stubborn dirt, this is definitely a good cleaning agent.
- Baking soda can be used for multiple purposes. There are actually many uses for baking soda. For one, it is primarily used in baking. It can also be used medicinally, but it can be used as a cleaning agent.
Cleaning the Kitchen with Baking Soda
Although baking soda is usually found in the kitchen, it does not mean that you can use it only for baking. Here are some things that you can do with this little miracle in order to help you keep your hotel or restaurant’s kitchen as clean as you want:
- Place a small box of baking soda in freezer, cupboard or refrigerator. This will definitely help keep away bad smell or unpleasant odors.
- Sprinkle baking soda on damp cloth and wipe kitchen surfaces with it. Rinse with clean water alone.
- Clean food containers with hot water and baking soda to remove stale smell. Soak the container overnight if the smell persists.
- Sprinkle the bottom of a garbage bin with baking soda and then sprinkle it again when you place a new bag in.
- Clean silverware with a paste of baking soda. Mix ¾ cup of baking soda into a ¼ cup of water in order to make the paste. Rub the paste onto the silverware and then rinse with warm water.
- Clean grease spills on the floor with a sprinkle of baking soda. Wipe with damp cloth.
- Clean burnt food or grease stains in the bottoms of pots by sprinkling them with baking soda. Pour hot water and leave them overnight. You will find it easier to clean the pots the next morning.
These are just some of the ways to clean the kitchen with baking soda. It is always a good idea to keep a box of this even if you do not intend to use this for baking. The Stewarding Department can definitely save money from using baking soda.
Chef Matt G is the guy behind the Stewarding Department, he is a well seasoned all rounder when it comes to all things kitchen related as well is a mad keen blogger in all aspects of the term.
Article Source: Articlesbase.com