- 8 eggs
- 2.5 mL 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 mL 1/4 tsp hot red chili flakes
- 4 bacon slices (chopped)
- 6 asparagus spears (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Whisk eggs with salt and hot red chili flakes in a bowl.
- Cook bacon slices in a medium skillet over medium until crisp. Transfer to a plate. Discard fat, leaving 15 mL (1 tbsp) in pan.
- Add asparagus spears and sauté until almost tender.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and sprinkle with bacon. Reduce heat to low and cover with foil.
- Cook until frittata is set, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Walmart Live Better.
For more summertime recipes or inspiration on how to incorporate fresh produce like asparagus into mealtime, head to www.walmart.ca/recipecentre. You can find fresh regional produce throughout the summer at Walmart.
Source: (NC) Newscanada.com