Canadian asparagus is in season in the early summer – perfect for pairing with bacon and eggs in this frittata.
- 8 eggs
- 2.5 mL 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 mL 1/4 tsp hot red chili flakes
- 4 bacon slices (chopped)
- 6 asparagus spears (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Whisk eggs with salt and hot red chili flakes in a bowl.
- Cook bacon slices in a medium skillet over medium until crisp. Transfer to a plate. Discard fat, leaving 15 mL (1 tbsp) in pan.
- Add asparagus spears and sauté until almost tender.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and sprinkle with bacon. Reduce heat to low and cover with foil.
- Cook until frittata is set, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Walmart Live Better.
For more summertime recipes or inspiration on how to incorporate fresh produce like asparagus into mealtime, head to www.walmart.ca. You can find fresh regional produce throughout the summer at Walmart.