Do you know which health benefits are provided by Beetroot Juice? Read on to know how beetroot juice is helpful to improve your health.
Beetroot juice is a deep reddish colored liquid, which is well known for its amazing heath benefits. Beetroot (also known as “beet”) is little bit hard to digest but it provides various types of health benefits ranging from blood purification to digestive help. Beetroot juice has great liver cleansing property. It is more nutritious juice termed as the new ‘super food’. Beetroot juice is very good for health and regular drinking of beetroot juice helps you to stay healthy. Read on to know why you have to include it in daily routine.
Beetroot juice is good source of essential nutrients for example important vitamins and minerals. It is rich in folate, vitamin C, and potassium. For achieving maximum health benefits, blend is prepared by incorporating some vegetables to beetroot juice. The juice of beet has a bad taste but it provides so many benefits to health. Nowadays, beetroot juice has become popular due to its stimulating effect to defend against general weakness and some specific diseases.
Some new researches have proved that physiological effects of beetroot juice could help elder people having heart or lung-conditions to live more active life. Beetroot juice also helps athletes to improve their performance. Other recent studies have also revealed that beetroot juice could enhance the flow of blood to the brain that is linked to cognitive health so it may be helpful to treat dementia.
Beetroot Juice Nutrients
Beetroot juice is full of nutrients along with its beautiful red color. Here, nutrient data of beetroot juice is provided.
Vitamins: It is an excellent source of vitamin C and folic acid. Also, it contains vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3 and vitamin A in small amount.
Minerals: Beetroot juice is high in phosphorus, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and sodium. Also, it contains smaller amounts of manganese, zinc, iron, copper, and selenium.
Amino Acids: Raw beets are almost consisted of water and carbohydrate but small amounts of amino acids (protein) are also present in it.
Antioxidants: It also contains flavanoids and carotenoids which can help to decrease the oxidation of LDL cholesterol. When LDL cholesterol gets oxidized, it may cause damage to artery walls, strokes and heart attacks.
Calories: One beetroot of size 2″ (5cm) provide 35 calories.
Silica: It is rich in silica which is helpful for perfect consumption of calcium in the body. Also, it is necessary for healthy hair, bones, skin, and
Anti-carcinogenic Color: Betacyanin, an anti-carcinogenic compound provides deep red color to beetroot. It is also helpful to prevent occurrence of colon cancer.
Beetroot Juice Recipe
Beetroot juice has a very strong flavor so before drinking; it should be mixed with other juices for example apple, carrot, and lemon.
Most popular blends of Juice:
- Beetroot juice with pineapple and cucumber (best cleansing drink when taken on an empty stomach)
- Organic beetroot juice with monin caramel syrup
- Blend of beetroot, pineapple, ginger, and cucumber with water
- Beetroot juice with apple juice and carrot juice (for boosting energy levels)
- Beetroot juice with celery and carrot (for a sweetening purpose, you can add 2 apples in place of the carrots)
Health Benefits of Beetroot Juice:
Beetroot Juice is very good to improve the health of heart as it increases the good cholesterol level and decreases the bad cholesterol level. So, risk of stroke or heart attack is decreased. Also, it contains nitrate which carry out expansion of the blood vessels so more oxygen and blood is supplied to heart. Also, it decreases the risk of several heart diseases. Its nitrate content also helps to reduce blood pressure so it is considered to be the inexpensive and easiest way to combat hypertension.
Beetroot juice is rich in iron which helps to purify blood and improve the thickness of blood. Also, it improves the blood quality and so solves all problems connected with bad blood such as less hemoglobin and anemia.
It fights against inflammation and so may be beneficial for obese people in whom inflammation is a risk factor for type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer. Beetroot juice may also be helpful to fight against free radicals.
Daily drinking of beetroot juice is also helpful to prevent variety of disease such as dysentery, constipation, piles, gout, diarrhea, vomiting, skin diseases like acne, dandruff, and inflammation, circulatory diseases like hypertension and varicose veins, and birth defects in babies and others.
Other Benefits of Beetroot Juice:
- Beetroot juice is helpful to increase the stamina. Also, it reduces the uptake of oxygen in your body which helps to decrease the weakness level of the body.
- Daily consumption of beetroot juice can also help to clear of varicose veins.
- Beetroot juice has an alkaline nature which helps to combat acidity. So, when you suffer from acidosis, take a glass of beetroot juice.
- It is rich in Vitamin B which plays a direct role to prevent the birth defects in babies so it is very good for expecting mothers.
- It is consisted of carbohydrates in natural sugar form so it is good source of fiber. Fibers are relevant to the digestive health and also play an essential role to prevent and treat diseases like piles, jaundice, diarrhea, hepatitis, constipation, vomiting and nausea.
- Inorganic calcium deposits can be dissolved in the body by intake of beetroot juice. So, it is helpful to prevent circulatory disorders like varicose veins, arteriosclerosis, hypertension, etc.
- Also, it contains tryptophan which produces a well being sense among people.
- Beetroot juice is a great liver detoxifier as it contains choline. The liver functions become healthy as it contains betaine, the bioactive agent. After the proper functioning of liver, it breaks down the fats, prevents nausea and fatigue, and helps in weight loss.
- Beetroot juice offers cleansing properties so it is helpful to treat gout.
- It is a natural remedy for sexual weakness, for problem of gall bladder and liver.
Photo. Explorer Bob